RECIPE: ALMOND COOKIES
These almond cookies are one of my favourite sweet treats and it wouldn’t be Christmas without a batch of them in the tin.
They are naturally gluten free so the perfect treat to bake this gluten free awareness month.
Here’s what you need to make these delicious cookies:
Preheat your oven to 170°C fan/Gas 4
Baking trays greased and lined with greaseproof paper
- 3 Egg Whites
- 280g Ground Almonds
- 280g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Extra caster sugar and icing sugar for dusting
- In a very clean and dry bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually fold the almonds and caster sugar into the egg whites.
- Fold in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Put some extra caster sugar and icing sugar into two separate shallow dishes.
- Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls – you can make these any size, just make sure that they are even and adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Roll each of the balls in caster sugar and then in icing sugar.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and flatten them slightly with the tip of your finger.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden on the edges – approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
I highly recommend giving this recipe a try as they are so simple to make and are so delicious. My kids love baking cookies as they can get their hands in! They are also the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee.
I would love to see a photo if you bake these delicious cookies. You can send them in to [email protected], if I share them on social media I will send you a FREE box of cakes.
If baking feels like too much work then why not try one of our Classic cake boxes for just £9.95. You can find out more about them over here.