We at The Cake Tasting Club understand the importance of your right to privacy and welcome the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data has and will always be carefully protected.
Definitions and interpretation
Data : collectively all information that you submit to The Cake Tasting Club via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies : a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
The Cake Tasting Club, or us : The Cake Tasting Club whose registered office is at 14 Blatchford Close, Horsham RH13 5RG
UK and EU Cookie Law : the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you : any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Cake Tasting Club and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Cake Tasting Club and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website : the website that you are currently using, https://www.thecaketastingclub.com/ and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- We may collect the following Data from you, which includes personal Data:
- Contact Information such as email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, The Cake Tasting Club is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 6 months after the end of your subscription.
- For the purposes of posting out our boxes, we have to submit your data to the Post Office. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to any other third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of updates and notifications
Third party websites and services
- The Cake Tasting Club may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website, for example, amongst others, payment gateways and analytics. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing Data with third parties
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data that is legitimate for conducting business with us. For example, setting up an account so that you can edit address details and other important account information that will determine deliveries.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Cake Tasting Club (where such Data is held) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us.
- Data security is of great importance to The Cake Tasting Club and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- Password access is required for certain parts of the Website. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. Users are encouraged to look at the ICO website for the current cookie laws
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Cake Tasting Club to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact The Cake Tasting Club by email at email@example.com
Last updated 1st September 2021