RECIPE: Christmas Stained Glass Biscuits
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
We have been getting in the festive mood here at Cake HQ baking all our lovely Advent Calendars this week.
At home, my 11 year old and I made these biscuits last week. We tested out various biscuit recipes and different sweets to find the perfect combination for you.
I would love to see photos if you give these biscuits a try. Why not bake a batch and attach string to hang on the tree?
You will also need baking sheets greased with butter & lined with baking paper
Pre-heat your oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas mark 4
- Combine the flour, baking powder, spices and sugar.
- Add the butter and rub it in to form breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add the syrup and egg.
- Mix well until a ball has formed.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut out shapes, then cut out a smaller inner shape (you can bake these too to make cute tiny cookies!)
- Crush the boiled sweets and add to the centre of the biscuits to just over the thickness of the dough.
- Bake until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
This is a great bake to make with kids. My daughter loves recipes when you can get your hands in the mix! She also really enjoyed cutting all the different shapes out and bashing up the sweets!
You can add all sorts of different flavours to the dough – why not try adding some orange or lemon zest for a fresh zingy taste?!
If you give this recipe a try please do send me your photos to [email protected]
If you are looking for the perfect Christmas gift this year have you seen our Gift Subscriptions? We have something for everyone – your vegan niece, your Granny who loves traditional cakes and your brownie loving bestie!